The Pequod tiny house was built by Rocky Mountain Tiny Houses out of Durango, Colorado in May of 2015. This tiny house was built on a custom 26’x8′ drop axel trailer. It is 13’6” tall and 8’6” wide (so no special permit needed for the road
We lived in the house full time for a year, and traveled across the country with her from Indiana to Florida, across to Arizona, and back up to Colorado. We pulled her easily with our Ford F-350. She has been rented out and kept up by WeeCasa Tiny House Resort for the last year and a half. We regret having to sell, but we are now living and working in the Denver area, which does not allow tiny homes. The Pequod is very unique with many special features, including:
• It is built with SIPS (structurally insulated panels) for the walls of the house. The custom curvy roof was stick built with spray foam insulation. It has amazing insulation!
• All lighting is LED.
• Propane powers the tankless water heater and kitchen stove; electric powers the fridge.
• There are hookups for an electric washer/dryer combo.
• There is LOTS of storage/closet space and hidden compartments throughout.
• We set up like an RV, and wired for a 30amp connection, but can easily run on 15amp with adapter (using extension cord out of a regular wall outlet).
• We hooked up our drinking hose to a regular garden hose spigot for water.
• There is now a flush toilet, and it does not have any grey/black water storage tanks or fresh water storage tanks, so it would need to be directly connected, or converted back to a composting toilet and grey water system.
• The wood burning stove is sufficient in keeping the whole house very warm, but there’s also a quartz heater that works well for nights you don’t want to keep the fire burning.
• The deck folds up/down for travel in the front and side of the house, with a window that opens from the kitchen to a bar area.
• Custom front doors that open out to the deck to allow for more interior space.
• There is a custom staircase to the 2 full size lofts, separated by a see-through catwalk.
• There is a custom designed convertible kitchen table to seat 4 comfortably.
• Antique porthole windows, garden window in the bathroom, and egress windows in the lofts.
For more info follow this link.